Coaching is a two-way dialogue between the coach and client. You brings goals or discussion topics to a coaching session, then work with a coach to develop an achievable action plan or solution. Coaches are client-driven, provide a comfortable environment for discussion, and services are all confidential.
You may decide to add coaching to lessons or as a follow-up to seminars. If you’ve taken part in any 4Winds events a short coaching session might be something you’d like to try. Initial sessions are always free. They are 30 minutes and let us explore if it might be an option and meet your needs.
Some people seek coaching as an alternative to in person tracking lessons. In this case you should have a foundation in tracking so we can focus on next steps and goal setting.
“Coaches seek out significant lasting breakthroughs for their clients and help people to live their true purpose.” Erickson College, Coaching Program
Coaches work on the belief that YOU are the expert when it comes to your life! That’s why a coach’s role is to inspire and motivate you, and to help make your goals a reality.
Rooted in sports, coaching is often associated with training to excel and win. People began to look at successful athletes and what could be gained from this “pursuit of excellence” attitude. The majority of us won’t stand on a podium or compete for medals – but demand for life and personal coaching has grown in the past 20 years, making coaching a highly-sought-after service for individuals, professionals and organizations.
Coaches ask provocative questions, starting with – What do you want?
- We all want to do more, achieve more, be more happy, more healthy, more creative or more successful
- You might come to coaching with a very clear objective in mind. Your coach works with you to develop a plan for achieving your goals.
- Maybe you are not clear about your objective, but you know you need “something” to move forward – to get unstuck. Coaches are very curious and will work with you to identify goals and steps.
How will you get it?
- A coach listens to you. You are the one with insights and ideas that form the basis of a great plan.
- Coaches ask provocative questions to assist you in identifying what you’d like, and where to start.
- Coaches work with you on a ‘go-forward’ plan that is achievable and realistic.
- As an equal and respectful partner, a coach makes sure that you stay in the driver’s seat
- Coaches encourage you to explore possibilities. They look at the holistic you, and the big picture.
Coaches hold you accountable and empower you as you commit to an action plan. You are supported for every step along the path. And a coach loves nothing more than to celebrate your successes!
What Can a Coach Provide?
A Coach can provide:
Inspiration and Motivation
- Inspires and motivates you to find solutions so you can move forward
- Helps you find solutions and resources that are achievable
- Focuses on positive solutions
Clarity and accountability
- Clarifies your values and your vision
- Takes time to find out what success means to you
- Holds you accountable to your goals
- Encourages, challenges and supports you
Encouragement to explore a powerful future of possibilities
- Creates a process of discovery
- Gives you a new way of seeing things
- Creates “AHA!” moments
- Empowers you
- Creates a powerful future full of possibilities
- Looks at the whole person
And Coaches love to celebrate successes with you!
How Does Coaching Work?
Coaching takes place on the phone, online or in-person
A typical session is 30 minutes to 1 hour long
Coaching takes place in a relaxed environment where you can openly share thoughts and brainstorm
- In today’s coaching environment, coaches are able to work with people anywhere through the magic of the telephone and computer!
- Since it is all about listening, a coach is able to focus entirely on you with no distractions for 30 minutes to an hour-long session.
- Online whiteboard and classroom technology allows coaches and clients to share images and lists.
- Coaches provide resources such as links or handouts for discussion, including a variety of tools to help with things such as self – assessment or time organization techniques.
What to expect in a typical coaching session
A coach asks lots of questions to achieve clarity with you.
Coaches are objective; they focus on listening to you and exploring your ideas and motivations.
A YOU-focused action plan:
- There is no cookie-cutter approach to coaching. Every person has different needs, values and resources. A coach respects this and works to identify solutions based on your capabilities.
- Together with the client, a coach develops goals and an action plan, then begins to work towards outcomes.
- There are check-in and debrief sessions along the path to make sure we are on track. Coaches hold you accountable to your goals because they want you to realize your vision or desired outcomes.
Timeframes, with a beginning and an end
There is always a beginning and an end to coaching, with very clear, positive goals in place.An initial retainer is paid, determined by the time period of the contract. Fees are by the hour. * Some people like to meet in-person. This can be arranged if it’s geographically possible. * Coaches also work with businesses, teams and groups in more structured meeting room environments, using a variety of methods to achieve the goals of the participants.
Let’s Hang Out!
Let’s Hang Out
Keep up with the latest updates, photos and event
All content copyright, Donna Brinkworth, Four Winds Outdoor Leadership – Spiritdance Coaching & Tracking 2021