Offered occasionally, spring and fall
Watch Upcoming Events and follow Social Media to find out about classes
Usually Weekend Workshops take the place of classes. Once people have taken part in a Seminar, workshops on specific skills are organized so the groups can meet regularly to check in and continue with skill building.
- Typically seminars are organized as an “Introduction to Tracking” foundations for beginners.
- Students are introduced to the sport of tracking, then learn how to start their dog, adding other skills (nose down, article indications, turns, line handling) over 5 weeks.
- Classes and lessons offered to teams with foundations and ready to progress. Locations may vary for 1:1 lessons. Group lessons are generally in the Olds / Red Deer area.
- Some people choose 1:1 Coaching to enhance lessons and discuss topics such as mental preparation and nerves, goal setting and accountability, feedback on individual performance or other topics (you decide what matters to you! It doesn’t have to be tracking related.)
- Group lessons
- 4 students maximum
- May work two dogs but can only switch by the half day (cannot run two per exercise)
- Combination of lessons and fun days to test how we’re doing
- Fees will be posted
- 1:1 Lessons
- $100 for 1.5 hours
- Arrangements vary
- Discount will apply for multiples of 5 lessons
- “In kind” discount or exchange may be arranged – you have a field, or you lay tracks for my dogs! Arrangements vary.
Skills and Topic Focused
Weekend or one-day Workshops are usually for beginners but may also be organized for existing students in place of regular classes. We focus on specific skills over a weekend, with lots of theory, practice and fun! Workshops are advertised to provide opportunities for others to join in!
Types of Workshops Offered (check back, more are always added!)
- Training in the Urban Environment – scent theory, plotting, scent movement, puzzles
- Follow the Flow – Plotting Skills
- All About Articles – Plotting, Indications, Motivation, Area Search
- Start Your Puppy in Tracking
- Stinky Feet – behind the scenes of a tracking test – take part in a mock test! Review the paperwork, organization, plotting and judging. Includes “You Be the Judge” as participants follow volunteer teams who run the tracks we set!
Share Adventures, Create Memories. Learn and Grow in a Safe, Supportive Environment
Keep up with the latest updates, photos and events
Let’s Hang Out!
Let’s Hang Out
All content copyright, Donna Brinkworth, Four Winds Outdoor Leadership – Spiritdance Coaching & Tracking 2021